POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Future of Moray/POVray : Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long)
From: Rick
Date: 9 Jan 2000 07:45:50
Message: <387882fe@news.povray.org>
i am intreged by delphi, and a lot of people have said it kick VB ass, but
on the other hand, i dont have delphi, and as VB6 goes, so far its damn easy
to program, and as RAD is what i am after, VB works well for me..

I can see a point where VB will become a pain in the arse, for example when
i end up using the win api all the time, but i am not doing that at the
moment, so far VB does everything i want, quickly, and with very little
effort.

dont knock VB to much, it has it place, and as long as you dont try certain
things, or expect C++ or ASM performance it works fine, i grew up on C64
basic years ago, and VB is very similar, finding you can write win apps,
without actually having to really learn another language is a huge boon, and
as everything i write is for myself, never intended to be distributed, and
speed is just not a concern - as long as it gets the job done, and donst
give me any headaches in the process, its fine..

you should try it sometime :)

I have also used VC6, and while it has a greater kick of speed, greater
control, its incredably difficult compared to VB, and i dont have the time
to get my head around MFC propperly, so when my apps outgrow VB, i dont
think VC will be the answer, and when i get to that point, delphi may prove
to be perfect, untill then

VB ROOLS (i have never had so much fun while i was working - *not strictly
true - but this is neither the time or the place to go into that!*)

Rick